Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Romeo and Juliet - Rehearsal 21

We ran the last two acts of the show tonight.  Together these acts only run at 30 minutes total, which means that we were able to run them once, do notes, and then run them again.  It was a very useful rehearsal to be able to do the toughest piece of the show twice in a row.  These acts are really starting to come together and be a cohesive story.  The first three acts all tell their stories, but the last two, I’m realizing more and more, need to come together to tell one story, especially because they are so short combined. 

We had to stop a couple of time last night.  Once to get a change right (that bier is a pain, but worth it) and once because someone was just not paying attention.  That actually frustrated me.  They all knew that we were running these acts and yet someone still wasn’t prepared for his entrance. Ugh.  Such is life, I suppose.  But, I was still irked.  Additionally, I think I need to sit down and have a chat with my two leads.  They’ve been working really well together for 99% of the process, but something has gotten them in a tiff (and I don’t think it started just last night).  I’ve already spoken with AJ briefly, so I’ll talk with Johnny tomorrow and then with both of them.  It’s funny, most other folks in the cast, I could care less if they don’t like each other, but I can’t have there being any outside tension on the real life repore between these two guys.  Everything will look wrong.  So… Mediation. Yay?

The last thing we did tonight (because there was so much left over time) was work on music.  We did “Nobody Right, Nobody Wrong” three times in a row and I have to admit it’s really starting to sound good.  Like, good enough to play in front of people.  I’m happy that the guys are really starting to get the song.  I’m really proud of it as our theme song for this show and now I’m finally proud of the way they’re starting to perform it.

After I let most everyone go, those who are part of “Fight Your Kids” did that song a couple of times as well.  This is another song that I’ve been very worried about.  But last night, it sounded great!  Now, if only AJ and Wagoner would learn the words…

No comments:

Post a Comment