Saturday, January 22, 2011

Romeo and Juliet - Rehearsal 10 (first full run)

Today was a bit rough.  I knew it would be, but I also knew it would be useful for everyone to put everything together at this stage of the process.  We got through almost the whole show in just under two hours.  For a first stumble through, I am pleased with that time.  There is definitely half an hour to be pressed out of the running time from today.  So, even with the stumbles and questions and long pauses and flubbed lines, today's rehearsal helped me and my actors get a sense of the overall arch of the show and how everything fits together.  This is important since we will continue to rehearse things out of order before next weekend's full run.  And, while I have a ton of notes for everyone, I couldn't be prouder of them for soildering on to try to get through the whole show.

Also, I started putting up posters today!  It's great to see the advertising start to come together!

No comments:

Post a Comment