Friday, January 28, 2011

Romeo and Juliet - Rehearsal 16

Today, all we worked was 5.3 (the final scene).  The first half of this scene looks really great... all the way through Romeo's death.  But, the rest of this scene is still a shit show (except Juliet's death... that's looking good as well).  And, I two people not show up for rehearsal this evening.  It was almost not worth having the second half of rehearsal today because we were missing people.  I knew I was going to be down one, but we could have easily dealt with that had we had the other two.  In any case, the show on the whole is going really well, but this scene is still a struggle.  I keep having crap rehearsals when we get to this scene and I can't figure out what it is.  Is it just the sheer volume of people on stage?  I can't imagine that it is, only because 1.4 is looking so good.  I guess they're just all going to get some serious notes on this scene during our runs tomorrow and next weekend.  I just really can't believe how upset this one thing has caused me to be.  Personally, I suppose I'm feeling a little betrayed and jilted.  One actor never even called my stage manager back, and the other decided it was more important that he go to Harrisonburg to pick up a package than be at rehearsal tonight.  In any case, it's difficult for me to write anything positive right now, being that I am so concerned that the end of my show is going to look like crap.  The rest of the play is coming together so well, I'd hate to think that it's going to just all fall apart at the end.  Dear God. Save me now.

Additionally, I am looking into back-up players for one of the actors.  I'm not really going to replace him, just scare him enough to straighten up and fly right.  My guess is that telling him I have someone ready to step in and replace him will be enough to shape him up.  I've never had to replace an actor before.  We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment