Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Romeo and Juliet - Rehearsal 13

2.1
Oh, the balcony scene.  You used to be the bane of my existence.  But, after today, I couldn't be more pleased with my two leads in this scene.  They've gotten very very comfortable inside their character's skins and are taking this scene to some very fun places.  I'm liking the different directions they've found in the balcony scene.  I must say, I've always found the scene a little tedious and boring, but with these two guys driving it (and some judicious cutting on my part) this scene is starting to cook.  It's fun and just perfect for right after the party scene.

2.3
This scene is just so much darn fun!  I can't even stand it.  And tonight they amped it up to a whole new level.  This is a great contrast to what is about to follow.  Everyone is laughing and joking and everything is hunky dorey... until it's not, of course.  Great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment