Sunday, January 23, 2011

Romeo and Juliet - Rehearsal 11

Today I'm blogging partially from rehearsal.  Because today is fight rehearsal day, my fight choreographer, JP, is in charge and I can take a back seat and just observe.  Still, I'll take the fights one by one in the order we rehearsed them.

1.1 (Opening brawl)
The boys here are still running this fight under performance speed, but everything is coming together very nicely.  This brawl is an amazing way to start Romeo and Juliet. It's the perfect way to throw everyone off.  We have an overly comic scene with a ridiculous fight that, yes does get scary, but is ultimately fun and upbeat.  And may I just say, I love that we've worked a bucket into a fight in Romeo and Juliet.

3.1 (Mercutio and Tybalt's deaths)
This fight is really starting to look scary.  The guys are really starting to get the moves into their bodies and we're starting to get into character choices and specifics that are really making this fight come alive.  They're getting faster and faster and the fight is really starting to look dangerous.  I wish I had more to say... but this fight looks great and I'm very proud of what my guys have achieved. 

5.3 (Paris' death)
Bobby (Paris) is amazing at stage death and he takes a hit like nobody's business.  Nothing looks quite as brutal as this fight.  Every time I watch it it makes me cringe and it's going to make the audience gasp.  Looking amazing!  Thank you, JP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment